Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Three things every space should have

Batman, our cat, loves to nap in the sun room.
Pets, personality and plants are a must in any space.

I never thought I would be a cat person. I mean everyone knows dog people are cooler, clearly.

But the truth is I fell in love the moment I laid eyes on our cat, Batman. Sure, I love our dog, but there is something special about this cat. And when I think about the pros on the cat side (their ability to clean themselves, their independence, their love of literature) I can’t deny that I am in fact a cat person.

As I type this I am watching Batman napping so peaceful in my reading chair. Watching his pudgy belly expand and contract as he breaths, I feel at peace.

Whether you are cat person, a dog person, or anything in between, pets have this ability to bring comfort in a way that can’t be explained. They provide their owners, warmth, love, and good energy.

I’m real believer in the energy of a space. Pets can bring an abundance of positive energy and I think everyone should have them in their space. 
The two other things I think every space needs are personality and plants.

I’ve never been a huge fan of the pink/salmon color of the walls in the sunroom off of our bedroom. It is where I have my office. I’ve wanted to paint the walls a light brown or cream for the longest time because I thought it would look good with the light blue curtains I made for the room.

I think the salmon looks tacky like the bright blue tile that needs to be replaced in our bathroom. But I just can’t bring my self to paint them. There is something about the color on the wall that I like. Sure it looks a little much with my pink reading chair, but I can’t deny that the colored walls give the room some personality. And the plants make the room feel alive, even if one of them is trying to take over the room.

It is important to create a space for yourself to create, meditate, and simply be. And make sure that space has personality and good energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment